Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm no Annie Oakley or Julia Child

These are just some things i was thinking about today. The future. Dreams. Goals. Things I'd like to do. Someday. And yes i know all about planning and wishing and how I'd i don't move forward they won't happen. A list is a good place to start though.

My own little second hand store. I'd love for it to work in conjunction with the family support center or women's shelter. Something bigger than just me. There is one in Logan Utah called Somebody's Attic and I love it.  It makes me want to take business classes. Weird.

I'd love to learn how to play the piano. Which means I'll need to acquire a piano someday. I think it will go perfectly where the computer is right now. It may be 10 years from now before i can really start on that one because of time and money, but I'm not the only one to do things later in life. Julia Child anyone? (no I'm not looking to be a musical Julia Child.) I may never be great but just plunking out a tune with both hands would be pretty cool.

Europe. Germany. England. Scotland. Ireland. Italy. Switzerland. One or all would be great. Germany first though. I do also long to see ancestral homelands. Isle of man. The area formerly known as Prussia. And more I'm sure. Maybe some genealogy is in order to do a big trip like that.

That with raising my sons to be good people and kicking my husband's butt at the shooting range (which can only be done with a handgun and happened on Wednesday) should be more than enough to keep me super busy for the next 30 years.

3 comments:

  1. Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart truly desires must come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart truly desires must come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally start a second hand store! I wish I knew what that all entailed and I could pass it on to you. You'd be great at it though. :) And congrats on beating the hubby at shooting!

    ReplyDelete