Thursday, June 27, 2013

Don't be shocked when half dressed children answer the door.

It's a good day (or part of the day I should say) when Wee #3 keeps his diaper on for a nap.  Lately he has become a ninja and figured out how to undress himself.  Yesterday he mastered the trick of pulling off his diaper while keeping his onesie on.  I fear it's going to get worse.  He sits on the potty but doesn't know what to do.  I'm not pushing, just encouraging.  But man oh man- I just don't get it.  Why do I have to wash/hang dry/fold/put away 5 bajillion loads of laundry if my children insist on running around sans pants? I think I'll keep a few outfits (for going out in public) and church clothes and the rest will be given to other needy families.  If there are other moms out there with the same problem our family could single handedly clothe dozens of families of naked boys.  And think of the saved time and effort and money of doing laundry.  I could waste time on pinterest blog more.  

In any event the mountains of laundry are waiting to be folded/put away so I'd better be getting back to it.  



Also (somewhat related as I like to watch shows while folding laundry) I'm not a fan of this new Doctor on Doctor Who.  I like the 9th and 10th Doctors. But this 11th?
 I'm only a few episodes in and he's NOT growing on me.  Though I remember the same feeling when the 10th Doctor came on the scene.  (I love the 9th

...and now the 10th but the 9th will always be the one that got me hooked.) Are there other Whovians out there who feel similar?  Do I just need to give it more time? 

Anyway, like I said, back to my normal scheduled chores because guess what?! OMA IS COMING! YAY! We're all so excited and looking forward to the 4th festivities! Yay for Independence Day!

4 comments:

  1. yah I had a talk with kade last night about how pants can be worn more than one day. But he was such an awesome helper today. He woke up and cleaned his room and made his bed. ( this is what he is suppose to do before he goes outside. but usually he sneaks out in jammies) Got dressed and went outside to play. When he came in 30-40 min later with a little direction he cleaned his whole bathroom.
    Good luck with the mountains of laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? He's my fave doctor! He totally grows on ya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! A half-naked Hurst household just cut my packing in half. And I'm pretty sure I know where Charlie gets his escape artist tricks. I can take my bra off while keeping my Tshirt on! Yay for Independence Day, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally makes me laugh! And I'm a little scared of when Ben decides that he would like to join the ranks of the half naked. He keeps pulling at his diaper and I'm trying hard no to hold my breath. So if you figure out some super creative ways to discourage/get over that kind of behavior I would love to hear them! Until then, good luck!

    ReplyDelete