Friday, May 31, 2013

Pop and Flair!

Our house is still far from "finished".  We're in a holding pattern while we have a few fun summer adventures and then we'll get back to our regularly scheduled fixing up.  So I've been trying to be methodical about what I want in my home.  What things make me happy.  It's not what I have.  Though I'm working on it.  I have a billion pins on my pinterest boards all with somewhat conflicting tones.  Some say "I wish I were grown up and elegant" while the ones I really love are bright and flashy and bring a POP of color. I want to be more towards the POP side.  That's who I feel I really am.  Not the Pottery Barn or Anthropologie knockoff.  I more of IKEA meets 8 year old meets old stuff painted hot pink.  It probably hearkens back to a day in high school when I had this "brilliant" idea of spray painting this HUGE and HEAVY mirror frame florescent green.  I think my mom is still scarred from it.  While it didn't really turn out the way I WANTED it to look (probably because I didn't even take the time to get nice even coats- just taped and sprayed), it met a need. I needed different and I needed loud and bright not boring tan.  I guess I'm finally coming to terms with being loud and bright.  Kind of.  At least loud.  Here are some of the things I would LOVE to see smiling at me in my home:

12x36 - See You Later Alligator...Painting
Hakuna Matata doormat. The Lion King. Custom door mat. Possitive message
Another Etsy Shop
(Original site has relocated: but if you want to find it go ahead: HERE)
Because let's be honest- this is SO ME! You can find it on Amazon.
(doesn't link to this picture but you can probably find it in a few days of searching the site.) I'm thinking maybe I made a mistake with a dark blue door. But it's staying for now.  

THIS is just Brilliant.  Both smart and brightly hued. 




And then.....


We have painted furniture....


oooooOOOOOhhh....aaAAAAHHHHhhhh!

And cute fabric on the inside to boot! Here's the LINK.
Brown to lime green?! THIS is what the mirror was supposed to look like...
Old and Dated to new and chic.  Though I'm not good at the "antiquing" where you sand bits of the paint back off... 
This is too much purple/pink for me (did I just say that?) but I love the BOLDNESS of the paint. 
Black and Blue. (This is the link from the picture watermark- the site it links to on pinterest is broken.)
Crib rails: I don't think our crib will be passed on or down. I think we will repurpose. 



And then there are chairs:
Here and the site is in Catalan.  I'm globally inspired. 
Here. Now Spanish. 
Here. Again- broadminded design I guess.

Last one for today:
I think it's the pink and yellow that get me. 




And here I'm working with neutral tones. Or at least that's what I have.  What do you think about all these?


I think my hubby is wishing he had sunglasses. 

4 comments:

  1. Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine...

    Color out loud my brave beautiful girl. No time like the present to be happy and loud. You can rock grey and beige when you are a Golden Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't wait to see your house in color! I'm adding some color to the preschool classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE color right now. Love it! And what's the worst that can happen? You get tired of it and paint it over. But oh the happiness that color can bring. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've decided on white walls in a LOT of my house with just funky frames and color and my purple couch. Because why not?

    ReplyDelete