Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Currently

Dan, a blogger, wrote a post a while back "The Disease Called Perfection".  It's worth a gander.  We get so caught up in appearances that we forget to be real and forget those we idolize are real too. 
So here's a glimpse at my real life (mostly so *I* remember to give myself a break). 

Currently:

-We are trying to get out of debt.  Which means we drive cars that are 20, and 17 years old. Which means they break down occasionally.  Like this week. (Wheel bearing) So I don't have a vehicle and will be walking to help at Ian's class today.  Not a big deal and better for my health for sure.  But it's COLD outside.  My ears hurt when we got home from walking Ian to school. Blessed to live close enough to do that but still kinda bummed my easy option is gone.   
-We also live in an unfinished house because we're being frugal.  Now, we do happen to have shelter from the storm and for that I am intensely grateful.  I just wish that we had more to show sometimes. Though I'm grateful beyond words that our mortgage is %13 of our take home pay.  Which is why we're trying to get rid of the student loans and credit card debt so we'll have more moolah to spend on our house- or say, a new car.  
-I have these headaches that I'm beginning to think are just a part of life.  They're not a big deal but it's annoying.  I thought it was caffeine.  So I cut that out.  Nope. I thought I needed more water.  So I added more of that.  Nope.  I thought it was sleep.  It still could be that.  I've tried a bajillion different pillows and some help more but none is quite on the money.  I wake up with neck pain. Which leads to a headache.  And allergies mean my sinuses are continually congested- again a possible reason for the headaches.  So not a big deal to anyone outside my head.  But real. 
-My three year old (almost 4) is putting tiny hair rubber bands into the sheath for my sewing scissors.  Weird? Maybe.  But benign. And kinda cute to see the intent look on his face.  He has also started calling me Ms. Frizzle.  I take it as a high compliment.  
-I finally have a rocking chair again.  The day I got it I cried.  Just a little.  I've wanted one so badly since I sold the one I had to make the move.  It was just before Mother's day 2 years ago and I hope the woman who got it rocked her babies in it.  (Her husband was going to surprise her).  Though it was sweet and I'm glad it went to a good home I have longed for one ever since.  My baby is a year and a half and he never had the peace of Mama rocking him before bed.  He loves it. And I love that he loves it.  (I did also try rocking him to sleep at church a few times but he knew that something was up and would NOT settle down to even enjoy it.) Sometimes we just sit and rock for a minute.  
-I also have a scalp condition that makes my scalp and neck so itchy sometimes.  It's like severe dandruff and is mostly under control but flares up now and again.  It's in a flare up stage again right now and makes me want to chop off all my hair (which would help) but I've worked so hard to get it long that I'd hate to give that up.  We'll see which side of me wins out.  


Things you never knew you never knew eh? 


And now for an awesome joke that Sean told me last night:

-What do an Eagle and a Mole have in common?








--They both live underground........except the eagle. 

Thank you and goodnight. 

8 comments:

  1. Its always nice to know that others live their lives in the real world too, so thanks. :) On the headaches, have you tracked when they happen? Mine are attached to my cycle, and I have to take fluoxitine for two weeks out of the month to control them or they worsen into a migraine in the days just before my cycle starts. Just an idea. I hope you find the answer for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that. Mine did turn into a full blown migraine after my cycle started.... I'll look into it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Have you gone to a chiro? That's the thing that finally got mine to stop....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope- and payday is tomorrow so I think I'll schedule an appointment. Great idea!

      Delete
    2. I cannot recommend it enough. I had daily headaches from the way my neck was. Hated it!

      Delete
  3. Another thought on the headaches especially if it worsens with menstruation. It could be nutritional, good fatty acids short chain especially that is easily turned into brain and hair/scalp food. Really hope you find something that helps. I am a little tired of real life myself right now. I found I loved live and enjoyed it so much more on medication...and now I am pregnant and unmedicated.... sigh. only 25 more weeks. my poor children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and makes me homesick for the days of holding my babies and having rocking chair moments. I have another joke for you. What do you get when you cross an Eagle and a Skunk? I don't know, but it smells to high heaven. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this, it made me yearn for some holding my babies and rocking chair moments. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete