Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Magical Mystery Tour

So I've been holding off on showing pictures of our house until we're more settled in.  As in CLEANED UP. But that may be a while.  I know a few people who want to see it in all it's "glory".  We are in fact living here.  Which explains the mess.  (I know I should be cleaning instead of blogging but I have all day to do that and the boychild is napping...) Also after listening to "Gifts of Imperfection" (audio book) I've decided to show you the REAL thing.  I did make my bed before taking pictures. But that's it.  Here she is, with no further ado (and still no name) OUR HOUSE: 

When you first walk in you will see this: Our living room. Conduit on the ceiling means our house won't burn down from crazy old wiring. 

Looking back to the front door now.  (All of the decorations on the mantel are so I can see them all and take stock of what I want where.) 

(Still standing at the door) to your left we have the craft/play/catchall room.  Hopefully I'll muster some courage and inspiration to bring it together. 
 

Now through the french doors in front of you to the dining/kitchen/greatroom. 

Here's my beautiful china hutch that for now hold our plastic ware and Sean's horn from Brazil. And hides behind boxes.   

 It is still strange to get rid of the boxes because we are never moving again....(here's the back door). 

 Future laundry room and pantry currently the home of "stuff-that-doesn't-belong-to-us" and building materials. Some day the washer and dryer will live under the window.  Hopefully by our anniversary.  Do-able goal I think. 

Boys' room. Complete with sleeping boy.  He didn't mind the flash and is still sawing logs.  He doesn't like his toddler bed for nap time however and I'm clearly not adjusting to that.  

Three toddler beds and a submarine/fort on the left.

Now down the hall we have the bathroom. Which doesn't have any towel racks yet so we have our sad excuse for a drying rack to suffice.

 The rug is my favorite! Pop of color- won't go with the rainbow scheme but when we get to that part it'll move to my craft room. 

 Vanity has a full length mirror...for now.  Keepin' it real folks. 

 And now we move on to the Master bedroom. 

 The robot picture is one a friend of mine made and I stinkin' love it. There will eventually be a quote near it---Sing it with me now: "Man I love technology. But not as much as you, you see. But still I love technology. Always and forever." Thanks Kip. 

 Our bed and closet on the right. No it is not 3am- the clock got unplugged and I never fixed it. 


And here are some of the occupants. 
("You're killin' me smalls!") 

Weird and Wacky Wednesday. Jammies and crazy hair. 


There you have it. Home sweet home.  

Come visit. 

We'll move some of the boxes for you. 

Love to you all. Hope to see you soon.
Now back to unpacking. 

13 comments:

  1. its looking great! your bedroom looks absolutly lovely and peaceful. it has really come together alot since I saw it last! love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love the realness. love the boys! LOVE that you can get rid of boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Maggie! We need to come visit sometime. Is there anything you need?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've done wonders with your home. Sure does look better than it used to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your house. Lots of work done there, and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've done wonders with your home. Sure does look better than it used to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house is looking good. Good luck settling in and finishing up projects. I love the boys' hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! You ARE home! Beautiful blues in the master suite. Loveseat with robot and Grandma's table are perfect. Bathroom rug makes me wanna dance. Hutch is gorgeous. Occupants are dang cute. Projects and unpacking both take longer than they should, but you've got the Rest of Your Life to get it done. Enjoy all of it and tell anyone who bugs ya that Mama told you to go easy and love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its all looks great! Everything is coming along pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun house, and you have already made it HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome Maggie! And I LOVE that robot print!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Maggie! I especially love the living room. I can just imagine warming up by the fire in this winter that seems to never end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing Maggie! I especially love the living room. I can just imagine warming up by the fire in this winter that seems to never end.

    ReplyDelete