Friday, December 14, 2012

Who's there?

Knock Knock.







Who's there?







Joe.








Joe Who?









Joe MAMA!



Now the YoMama jokes are lovely and immature and so remind me of high school. This particular joke made me cry, and not for reasons you might think. A girl I went to high school with has a sweet 5 year old son.  I have a sweet 5 year old son.  My five year old son is off to Kindergarten.  Her five year old son is off to slay the dragon of brain cancer.  Yikes.  This kid melts your heart.  He's in the middle of treatments in Tennessee and the poor boy's body is bloated and in pain and yet.....he tells his Joe Mama knock knock joke.  Brings me to my knees.  I find myself hugging my kids and expecting them less to be mature and grow up already and just be kids.  Because who knows what's coming next.  Nobody.  Yet we can still keep our wits about us and tell knock knock jokes when the going gets tough.  Thanks Cash.

3 comments:

  1. It is my personal belief that KnockKnock jokes are a secret super power, so Cash is pretty much my new favorite Super Hero. Thanks for this. YoMama loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful! My heart goes to her and her little boy. May he truly slay that dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. The world. It's hard to smile some days, you know?

    ReplyDelete