Friday, September 14, 2012

Currently

Seeing as my last post was so cheery and I loved seeing it every time I open my blog (to see if anyone ELSE updated) I thought I'd save you guys the pain and write a new one.  But first an update: Things are still pretty much the same as before.  Busy with no nap in sight. Sean didn't go to the play meeting- and then had to turn down the director when he came over and practically begged.  Grateful for that.  I bet he is too actually because then he got sick.  Don't know what's wrong except that it's not appendicitis like the doctors thought it might be.  Good news for Sean's appendix.  We're hoping to have more answers next week after some tests.  Until then Sean is working from home.  Grateful he can.  His coworkers are getting a bit of a crash course on how the system works but things seem to be going ok so far.  There ARE silver linings.  Just hard to see them sometimes.  

In other news: I made 1/2 of a duct tape dress form (check out the how to videos HERE and HERE) meaning it is made and 3/4 stuffed (ran out of pillows) and I need to mount in on something- likely scrap lumber and a base of some sort.  I'll get pictures when she's finished.  

Also working on some other crafty-goodness in the form of decorative blocks.  My sister in law wanted to do a craft night on Monday and when I was asking Sean his input on what to make he replied, "Something useful." Hmmm.  Yeah- that takes a LOT more brain power to come up with.  So for the time being we have decorative blocks that will likely be a birthday gift (assuming I finish them in time). But for NEXT time---what are YOUR suggestions for something crafty yet useful (not just decoration- or dustables as my dear brother calls them).  I have scoured pinterest for ideas but do far most of what I'm seeing is shelving of some sort or another.  

Baby Boy, Chollie Tortise, Charlie Bucket or Tertius as he is known is walking like a champ and has a bajillion teeth now.  Ok so it's more like 8 but he's still nursing and occasionally it feels like a bajillion. He likes to do crinkle nose (not to self- photo document that one) and is quite a flirt like his oldest brother.  

Lando loves Mommy and Landon time when Big Brother is at school and little brother is napping.  At this very moment he is in Duplo heaven (where you don't ever have to share) building Yoshi with a couch trailer... don't ask me.  He's happy and enjoying his imagination so who am I to question his creativity.  

Mr. School Boy is doing well.  He comes home and complains that he doesn't have any homework yet so we make up homework by practicing his writing on the dry erase board he got from his grandparents. (He loves it by the way.) 


We hit up a book sale yesterday where I found the Little Fur Family

pic found on 10engines Blog
 My heart leaped. I can remember  many hours of my childhood with this book.  It reminds me of my Grandpa.  It wasn't until I was googling it for the blog that I was reminded that ours was covered in fur.  How awesome was that?! The edition I acquired does not have fur but the story still brings warm fuzzies.  The author also wrote Goodnight Moon and the Runaway Bunny and the illustrator also did Little House on the Prairie and Bedtime for Francis which explains why I love it so much.  Classic. 

 I also snagged these beauties: 


Find it on Amazon.com

and 
Photo and book can be found at Amazon as well. 

At less than 10 cents a book I call that a steal. (We made it home with a whole box for $3.) 

3 comments:

  1. I love boxes of books! Also, I think you need pictures of your little men now that they've got homework and couch trailers and teeth. Hang in there. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun! I was wishing I could go to that book sale as well. On crafty ideas that are useful... you could always go bigger and make book shelves, shoe boxes.... those are my two thoughts so far if I come up with more I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maggie! I'm so late to this party but I hope that things are looking up with Sean. No fun not knowing what is wrong. and love the bajillion teeth! Ben only has two and they regularly make themselves known... eight kind of makes me cringe even though it's closer than expected. And I just LOVE that Ian wants homework! Wonder how long that will last. :)

    ReplyDelete