Thursday, August 16, 2012

When I grow up...



 My firstborn started school today.  I wasn't angst ridden.  Didn't cry.  He didn't seem overly nervous.  I think we're both ready.  Though after he walked off to class (by himself, at HIS request) I did have second thoughts. Did I teach him enough?  Does he know who to turn to if he needs help? Will he ask for help?  Will he make new friends?   Will he be the bully?  Why didn't I walk him to his classroom like I saw all the other moms doing?  Oh well.  It is what it is.  I think he'll do great and I look forward to the recap on the bike ride home.  
I  can hardly believe we're at this stage in life already.  
Kind of exciting.  

9 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet kindergarten days. I've been fighting tears all morning. Ian is a beautiful boy. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you didnt cry? i am almost crying just reading it lol. that is so weird. kade will go to his first day of preschool on Sept 4th. but its only 2 hrs and 2 days a week. he looks so cute and so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope- nary a tear in sight. Still nothing. I'm just grateful he is such a great and independent kid. He was the same way with swimming lessons, he'd jump out of the car and take off before I could even get Charlie unbuckled. I think doing swim lessons helped in THAT regard. He was nervous but brave. I hope he stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I remember when he was born! Has it been that long since we were VT partners???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy. Look at my handsome little boy all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say his backpack is adorable. :) I didn't cry when either of the kids went to school, I was just exceptionally proud of them, and excited for them to move on to the next stage of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for no tears! And it is exciting. And fun! I bet he loves it. :) But it is crazy to think that he was your only when we first met. time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had similar thoughts when my oldest started school. I even had a psychotic parental advice cram session as I walked her to school, "And what do you do if you see someone playing alone? And you always listen to your teacher! And don't pick your nose! Remember to wash your hands! And what are you going to do if someone is mean to you? And stay in your chair! And I love you!" You are SO MUCH MORE sane than I am. :)

    Also, your first day photos are awesome. I wish I had thought to ask my kids what they want to be & documented it. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I can't believe he is that old already. He is too cute! Those eyes of his are incredible.

    ReplyDelete