Friday, March 30, 2012

Hippity Hoppity

Easter is on its way. 

Easter is a time of rebirth and growth and springing from the tomb and rejoicing.

And hats. 


(This hat is from Etsy- you can find it HERE and join me in the celebration of all things Easter.)




The perpetual little girl in me really just wants to grow up to be the Hat Lady at church. 

I *LOVE* hats and gloves and miss the little dresses that came with both.

This year I will not have either as I cannot find my box that has my gloves and I don't have a good Easter hat.  I also haven't sought for one that would be suitable to go with my Easter Dress (that I also don't have...) Why is it that the froofy dresses are only for people 3 feet tall and under? Hm. I feel a project brewing.  For next year- I'm not *THAT* industrious. 


Today's epic task: to make Grandma Brown's Cinnamon Rolls...we'll see- I'm not so good with yeast- I kill it.  But I'm confident that if I go slow enough it'll hopefully turn out.  I'll post pictures whatever the case. Oh and this weekend hopefully we'll have a new porch on the house we're buying. YAY. 



4 comments:

  1. April IS the finest month, isn't it? Cinnamon rolls and froofy dresses and Hat Ladies. *sigh*
    You bring me joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on the desire for hats! I wish they were more prevalant these days. Always wanted an Easter bonnet! And I LOVE the wall art on your next post! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss wearing Easter hats too! We should start a "women who go to church dressed like they're going to a British royal wedding" club. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it. I'm totally wearing a hat to church soon. Soon! There will be pictures...

    ReplyDelete