Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Have you ever....?

...Been in 4 places at once?

Yeah...me either. 


For Balentimes day the hubster got a hotel room at this place we've always seen but never been to. My amazing sister in law and her hubby and my mother and father in law took care of the two big brothers while we were away and were awesome- I owe them big time.  Especially when we got the call that Landon was barfing all over the place but that they'd take care of it and we should enjoy our time together. Oy... talk about conflicted.  We were only 30 minutes away so it was really hard to just let them take care of him.  But grateful for the time with the hubby. We even took dorky pictures to verify our dork status:
(I'm not so good at the take pictures of yourself thing- I blame it on short arms...)



We even had a chauffeur for the getaway...
 low. ri. der. 

Self-portraits at sunset.  
 We spent the day in Farmington shopping and getting ideas for the house.  A great deal of time was spent at Home Depot.  We even took turns watching for employees and hopping in bathtubs to check them out.  Had an amazingly awesome so delicious lunch at Olive Garden thanks to a gift card from a friend :)  It was a fun day.  

On the drive home we were 5 miles from 4 corners so we decided to skip on over and be touristy and experience being in 4 places at once.  

Apparently they close at 5.  Meaning the gates are locked and you can't get in or even close.  AND they're closed pretty much any major holiday. Lame.  It was 5:30--so if we had left just a smidge earlier we could have made it. Oh well.  We stopped to feed the chauffeur and watch the sunset anyway.  It was gorgeous.  By far one of my favorite things about living in this area is the spectacular sunsets that happen a majority of the time.  

Oh and make goofy faces for the camera.  
 "Who ARE these people?!"

See what I mean?
It was a great trip.  Thanks again to all the family who helped out at home.  

7 comments:

  1. It was a lot of fun. Glad we decided we didn't need to jet back to take care of Little One #2. It was hard, with how close we were, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your family so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and your family so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait. Four corners CLOSES? Huh. Are they afraid someone's gonna...come at night? I got nuthin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh yes. 4 corners happens to be on the navajo nation land and you have to pay to get in and take pictures. I have mixed feelings about it all and do wish to go there (with the feelings) The website says that it is open year round but the sign outside says it is not. Wish I had taken a picture of the sign. http://www.discovernavajo.com/fcp.html

    yeah. it's weird to pay to be at the meeting place of 4 states but that's the American Way right? Capitalism to the core...

    One of these days I'll be the sucker that gets there when it's OPEN and pay to take my pictures there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Kjerstin. And you really do have awesome fambly to help. And a sweet hubby to run away with. Also - nice fishlips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun road trip. I don't think I like the idea of paying to take pictures at Four Corners. On the other hand, I'm a sucker for tourist traps. It's a conundrum.

    Happy Balentimes. :)

    ReplyDelete