Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Currently....

I hear this little voice in my head sometimes.

"You click on blogger to see other peoples' blog updates and then get frustrated when there are only a few people who updated in the last 3 days...yet you don't update your own...Pot. Kettle. Kettle. Pot."

I have a bunch of pictures that really should be going on this post. Instead you get a brain dump. Sorry.

I don't like chevrons.  Not the gas stations- the style.  I don't like that they are trendy.  They're zig zags people! Teal and white or black and white--- doesn't matter- i still don't like them and probably never will. Some people are into that- if that's you- awesome. You won't find zig zags on my walls or rugs or chairs. Perhaps on a quilt but that's as far as I go.  I'm kind of sick of seeing them everywhere and just about ready to 'unfollow' certain boards because of them.

Ian says, "You're cracking me out." Right idea. Wrong preposition.  Makes me laugh.

We have begun the arduous process of purchasing a house.  Hurry up and wait. Much like the military.  Only more fun.  Hopefully.  We'll be doing some renovations to it before we move in but it's exciting.  I'll learn all about pipes and tile and flooring and mudding drywall.  I'm looking forward to it.  I've put my getting my nails done on hold for a while in anticipation of work.

Naptime is becoming ever more elusive. This saddens me. I love naps.

You know what else I love?  My siblings.  They rock.  I called two of the three earlier today and enjoyed our brief conversations.  I miss them.  "Seester and I must speak of holy things." "Gonna open a can of whoopin' sauce." "I'll tell you when you're older." Smart alack comments muttered under breath.  Munchkin. Movies. Good food. Laughter. Man- I think I'm making myself more homesick writing this.  Oh well.

Charlie can now roll over from his back to his tummy on demand but can't figure out what to do next.  Ticks him off.  He also is starting to babble and blow raspberries. So cute.

Landon is struggling to figure out if he wants to be the baby or a big boy.  I feel for him.  I don't know whether I want to praise his leaps into boyhood or cry that my baby is growing up.  For now I think I'll embrace both.

I find painting walls very satisfying.  Perfectionist, I am not.  I find that I simply like large amounts of color.

The more I think about it- the more I realize what a shock it must have been to my family that after only officially dating for a month, Sean and I decided to get married.  I drank the kool-aid.  But it's been working out so far.  6 years in March.  And working towards, ya know, the rest of forever. I really like that the time adds up.  I don't care that it means I'm getting older.  I don't think it's such a big deal....yet.

Update on the car that broke down. Our beloved Nena-- it was just a hose that popped off.  Sean got it back on and the clamp securely in place this time.  She's good as gold again.  Grateful that our lesson in acceptance didn't mean thousands of dollars down the drain.

That's it for now.

Catch ya on the flip side.








4 comments:

  1. I was not shocked when you and Sean tossed your futures at one another. I thought it was right then, and it gets righter with every passing year. Also, your siblings DO rock! And I don't like zigzags, either. I like polka dots and spirals and stripes. Straight lines and curves. Angles, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the chevrons. They hurt my eyes and kinda make me nauseous.

    And I do the same thing--check to see if anyone has updated their blog, get bummed when they haven't, fail to notice that I haven't updated my blog in like two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree on the Chevrons.
    Yeah yeah yeah for the house!
    Paint is the best remodel ever.
    I can't beleive how big Charlie is getting!
    and last but not least, yeah for Nena!

    ReplyDelete