Monday, December 5, 2011

Play dough

We made play dough today. 


the boys are currently creating masterpieces on the kitchen floor.  


Landon wanted red.


Ian wanted blue.


as always.  


I decided that I probably DO need a new camera--hence the severe lack of pictures on the blog. 


do you want to make play dough too?


Here's what you do: 
 in a saucepan MIX;
1 C flour 
1/4 C salt
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar


once well blended together add
1 C water.
whisk until smooth


cook on MED heat and stir until it pulls from the sides and looks like play dough.


cool.
knead. 
play and enjoy. 


store in airtight container (we're using good ol' ziplock bags)
we added food coloring when I was kneading it... not very bright because I didn't do a lot but I think it's easier if you do it when it's in the cooking phase. 


Merry Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. Homemade play dough is a great thing to ccok up on a December day. You are a good mama. And you paint lovely pictures with words. Interestingly, the respective red and blue is exactly how I divided Christmas gifts for Numeros Uno and Dos. I can hardly wait for Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete