Here are rounds two and one.
So here's to my firstborn: HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAN! Can't believe he's 4. Next year this post will be about him starting Kindergarten and being 5. Crazy nuts. We're having a grand celebration for the firstborn on Saturday so I'll post pictures (assuming I remember to TAKE them) after that. Today he gets to have whatever he wants for dinner. What does he request? Macaroni and Cheese. Comin' right up, son.
Here are a few things about Ian:
- He loves to swim and just BE in the water.
- Foods he could eat all day long: burritos (with salsa and sour cream of course), macaroni and cheese, cheese pizza, olives, pickles, goldfish crackers, pink lemonade, chocolate milk (wonder where he gets THAT craving from), chips and salsa, cantaloupe, red grapes
- He loves to write- letters, numbers, stories, grocery lists ANYTHING. Currently he can spell IAN, OMA, DAD and MOM on his own. And he knows that L is for Landon.
- He is fascinated with all things in motion: Trains, Cars, Trucks, Submarines--and he's very interested in the actual mechanics of these things not just that they go. See:
- Loves the outdoors- especially the mountain. He's always happiest up in the mountains- even since he was a wee babe. We took him to cut wood when he was 6 weeks old or so and he was as happy as could be. It used to be that the only thing that would calm him down as a baby was to take him outside.
- He loves the snow. Can't wait for winter.
- His favorite color is probably blue. Because that's what color Thomas is.
- Favorite phrases lately: "See ya later alligator!" "After while crocodile!" "Sure thing chicken wing!" "Because I'm a silly goober." "Can I hold de baby?" "I want 4 because I am almost 4" (Guess what kiddo? Now you ARE 4!) "Let's call __________ on Daddy's computer." (Skype-his new favorite thing) "What day is today?" "No, what number is it?" "I'm ready to be wiped!" "Can we go in da Suburban?"
Love you goober.
So glad you're mine kiddo.