Sunday, August 28, 2011

Party Post

The next two pictures are for you Ericson:
I know it's a weird picture but at this angle you can see Spencer's face. 
Reminiscent of cakes past perhaps? Yeah but it worked for me. And it turned out pretty yummy. 
Cake from a box and frosting from a can. 

My pride and joy: or at least my project that I'm very proud of:
Sir Topham Hatt was originally going to be a spider for Daddy's Birthday but I didn't get it finished. 
He graciously offered it for Ian's Party. 
Here's the BEFORE^ 

We had two kids at the party with quite the swing. 
After everyone left Ian wanted to practice some more. 
Now here's the AFTER:


Which of course reminds me of a quote from a lovely little movie called Napoleon Dynamite:
Principal Svadean: Look, Pedro, I don't know how they do things down in Juarez, but here in Idaho we have a little something called pride. Understand? Smashing in the face of a pinata that resembles Summer Wheatley is a disgrace to you, me, and the entire Gem State. 

Later Deb asks if Pedro is still allowed to run for President. To which he replies: 
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time. 


Heavy, heavy hang over thy poor head,
What do you wish with a BONK on the head?





Part of the party was sidewalk chalk art. 

All in all I think the kids had a pretty good time. 
I know Uncle Tyler did :)


3 comments:

  1. tyler says "Oh, yes!" he loved playing with all of those little kids. so much fun that he was acting like a little kid himself (to which he says whatever, but we all know the truth) ;) the kids seemed to enjoy him though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Spencer cakes, and pinatas, and presents! I love the shot of all the boys looking into the bag. You make having a baby and a birthday party days later look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Ian is 4! Looks like a fun party.

    ReplyDelete