Friday, August 12, 2011

Currently....

I should probably go to bed seeing as I'm feeling a but grumpy but eh- why? 


So first update: the one I know you guys are dying for.... no baby yet.  Only at a 2 so no membrane stripping yet either to get the party started.  (TMI? Eh. My blog.) Kind of frustrated about the whole thing.  I'm losing patience and starting to worry that my umph for labor is waning.   Want to meet this kiddo.  Want to NOT be pregnant anymore.  Would rather hold him in my ARMS than in my belly.  Kind of getting sick of pregnancy talk.  Mostly in relation to "When are you due?" uh yesterday "Man you really ARE bigger now than before." gee thanks.  I feel as big as a whale.  Glad you noticed. Have you seen my new and improved WADDLE too? FYI: talk in relation to size when pregnant is not usually appreciated.  In my opinion, not really appreciated in any circumstance unless referred to by me first.  Which I don't refer to.  People are so much MORE than a size or a number or any of those other stupid labels we get caught up in.  Couldn't one relate to another on a DIFFERENT level?  But that's really a blog for another day.  


Again the words from Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen come to mind.  "Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.  Advice is a form of nostalgia  dispensing it is a way of  fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth."
I get the giving advice bit.  I get that it's likely connected to something deep down that the distributor is passionate about.  Or it worked for them.  Or it sounds like a good idea.  Or they just couldn't come up with any other small talk.  But folks- unless I ask- I'm probably not interested in whatever philosophy you're trying to sell me on.  No really.  I'll try to remember that the next time I open MY mouth too.  


Don't really have anything else for you tonight folks.  Tired. Grumpy.  Emotional.  Think it's really time for bed now that the boys are FINALLY asleep. 


In other news: We got our second vehicle today.  It's a gas guzzling, American loving, 8 passenger holding Suburban.  Never thought I'd be a suburban mom. Ever. Would rather be a mini-van mom.  But this fits the bill and can go off road.  Bonus.  Oh and has a sun roof.  We might make that mandatory from now on.  Just for tradition sake.  All of our vehicles have managed to have one without it ever being on our list of wants (except the truck- but how do you put a sunroof on a vehicle that only has a regular cab? hmm...) Anyway- I'll probably post more about it (complete with photos) another day after we've had the chance to play with it some more.  


Here's hoping the sun'll come out tomorrow. 
Or 
the son'll come out tomorrow.  


However you choose to swing it.  
See ya later navigator. 

3 comments:

  1. Hee Hee The son'll. Love it.
    And I am sorry he is being so stubborn. Maybe he is just trying to make up for the other 2 jumping the gun :)
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. You made me feel a lot better. And yes they would be WAY better friends than Copper and Tod.

    Good luck Darling you are in my thoughts...always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see the gas-guzzler. And I have really been enjoying the sunscreen advice lately.


    ...

    Compliance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your TMI was classic---it's my blog. Good girl.
    The son has yet to come out, I take it from your last post, but then again...maybe now?

    Size is never, ever a COMFORTAble topic and it strikes me as odd that people think it's okay to say to others. Even in reference to chubby babies. Unless said by the mother, prolly keep those comments to self.

    ReplyDelete