Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blankies and Camping- Strike that reverse it.

We went camping with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Nikki, Uncle Tyler and Brocky Boy last weekend.  This time we actually stayed the night.  It was fun but an air mattress at this stage of pregnancy is less than ideal.  We didn't stay the second night.
4 Wheeler ridin' and shootin' and playin' in the dirt wore the boys out. (Let me clarify: the grownups were shooting--the boys were assigned to find all the treasure AKA the shells)
Tired Boys:


 I spy with my little eye: Uncle Tyler up a tree.




So that was then and this is now... I've been working on Wee #3's quilt since apparently I have time. This is one of the original iterations of it.  Tried too hard to be symmetrical on the blocks at first. 


 THIS is what it is going to be:
It's a darn good thing I took a picture of it because as soon as I turned my back, Lando had messed up 3 of the squares.  No biggie- referencing my picture I restored it.  Well then I transferred the pictures to the hard drive and what should happen?  Looks like Hurricane Lando struck again- only this time ruining the WHOLE thing.  So I have put this picture BACK on my camera so I can fix it when Hurricane Lando is down for a nap.  Sneaky little gremlin.  Who wants to bet I'll get the whole blankie done before Wee #3 makes his arrival? I have a whole week ya know. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Adorable sleepy boys. The car seat picture cracks me up. And I'm glad to see Chubby got to go camping too. Quilt's looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful blankie ever! The sibs are gonna accuse you of loving #3 more...and I think you'll finish the blankie before the baby's done gestating. He just doesn't seem to want to compete with Hurricane Lando and the Bigger Brother. The carseat napping photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least a whole week :) maybe even 2 or 3 ;) its a way cute quilt I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like the second take on the quilt. I kept flipping back and forth between the pics trying to find the difference (like those pics on the kids menu 'find 5 things different' :) and I really couldn't pin point the difference. But I love how you've set it up :) HOPE you have your little one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok- so Shari DOES have a point and the first and second pictures are not all together that different: HOWEVER- there are a few blocks switched around. Must not have uploaded the "symmetrical" one. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete