Thursday, July 21, 2011

SuperMom to the rescue....OUCH!

So there I was minding my own business, chattin' with the fam when what should fall out of the sky down the stairs?  It's a bird... It's a plane... It's..... LANDON! The two year old tumbled feet over head and head over feet I don't know how many times.  Enough to scare the bejeebers outta me.  My sister-in-law remarks that she's never seen a pregnant lady move that fast.  Yeah.  Me either. Caught him just before he hit the tile at the bottom. Phew! Crisis averted.  He didn't even manage a scratch- mostly scared him I think.  He was more upset about dropping his train.  When Grandma found the little red freight train and returned it the waterworks ended.  At least on his part.


You see, I'm so agile and mobile at this stage of the pregnancy.  37 weeks- farthest that I've made it in my 3 pregnancies.  Well in my lightspeed movement to snatch the kiddo before he smacked the bottom and REALLY shook things up for tonight I got a Charlie Horse, a leg cramp if you prefer.   And holy hannah it's a doozy! Dare say it's the worst I've had since swim team in high school--perhaps worst ever even.  I fear something might actually be torn.  So I've been stretching it and trying to walk on it.  Then I got online and looked up what you should do for a torn calf muscle.  Ice it- preferrably in the first ten minutes.  Stay off of it and for heaven's sake DON'T STRETCH IT.  Dang.  Missed the memo on that one.  It's wrapped up at the moment and when the boys are finally in bed and Daddy has a spare moment I'll have him get me the peas from the freezer.  Until then- "I got you babe. duh duh duh duh duh duh. I got you babe."


 Perhaps I'll figure out how to get that magic pinterest favorite button thingie on my laptop.  I have it on the desktop but alas- I don't know how to find it past the initial tutorial  Anyone have tips? I have Chrome browser and so far googling it hasn't helped.


I'll let you know if all this adrenaline and excitement puts me into labor.  So far- we've got no real contractions or anything so I think we're ok for a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm so sorry! I hope everyone is fine and rested tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens! Really sorry for your pain, and really glad Landon's a bouncy boy. Hope the adrenaline rush doesn't inspireTertius Isaac Charlie Leo to think about Moving Day just yet. ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I'm freaked out just reading about it! So glad Lando's ok!! Well done Mag! Hope your calf (Baby cow?) is ok and that Leo stays in there for a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete