Friday, July 22, 2011

Newest Summer Accessory

Well since I am a fashion guru I thought I'd let you in on a little secret but shhh! We don't want it to catch on too quickly or you end up just looking like you're trying to hard to fit in. 
This summer's hottest fashion (literally) is das boot.  

It comes in black so it goes with everything.  Wear it with socks or without (though you'll regret the smell later if you choose without).  You can dress it up with a flower or maybe some hot pink duct tape.  I like to compliment mine with a ginormous baby bump and waddle around. Turns out I slightly tore my calf muscle in my daring rescue efforts.  So I get to wear this beauty for up to two weeks.  The doctor said it is actually better if I could manage with a splint that puts my foot in a downward angle but that would mean crutches and with a 2 and 4 year old to chase that's kind of out of the question.  Things that are proving more difficult that I didn't have to think about before: grass (so uneven and grabby), inclines of any type, bending down to change a diaper, driving (luckily my inlaws have an automatic...I don't dare try with Nena), general foot space (this thing is HUGE!) and walking in pretty much any direction.  I am so not used to it and feel rather ridiculous.  So that's the update.  No contractions either so it looks like the next few weeks are bound to be interesting.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm SO sorry! I sported one of those for 5 months with my Achilles Tendon last summer. Hey! I'm a year AHEAD of fashion. I feel like one of the designers from Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Sister! Take care of yourself ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so.....is that karma for sean's toe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should just lay down and not move for the next 3 weeks!! :) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shari- Isn't being European so fun :)

    Christie- I'll try to.

    Tiff- Yeah probably. But I was TRYING to do something good- shouldn't that have counted in my favor?

    Christina & Mike- I'll work on that. Hard to do when the brothers are always squabbling and demanding food and such.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about the injury. And the boot. But this lends credence to the theory that Moms have Super Powers so they can sacrifice their bodies bit by bit for their kids. A leg muscle here. Abdominal muscles there. Heartstrings that get plucked and sometimes broken. Being a Mom is not for sissies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um...don't try labor with the boot. Yikes! Sorry, Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First... You are seriously a supermom. Second... Will "the boot" even fit in stirrups ;) Love you and I am returning the favor and thinking warm epidural thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my you are supermom! I'm sorry, but nice catch! I hope it heals quickly especially since baby number three will be here soon. By the way, I hope you can figure out that pinterest thing. It is my new obsession. I don't know how I ever lived without it. I think I already have over 800 pins. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading about your adventure actually made my calve hurt. I'm having sympathy calve pain now. I need a fashionable boot.

    I applaud your daring rescue, but I'm sorry you have to wear the boot. Maybe get some cute stickers for it, like a skateboard.

    What is pinterest? I'm so out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete