Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Contemplating Today

Feeling a bit contemplative today and glad it's raining so I don't have to feel guilty about bumming around in my PJs at 10:30 am (which let's face it- PJS are normal around here until early afternoon). 


Yesterday was a long and strange day for no reason in particular.  Just was.  


Then I got on Facebook before I went to bed and saw that a girl in Visalia was shot by her boyfriend- murder suicide.  I went to high school with her older brother and really she was just a grade below us and had connections to our circle of friends too.  Instantly my mind flashes to the Halloween party we went to at their house Junior or Senior year.  Grant singing Mack the Knife on Karaoke.  Playing in the strobe lights in the "graveyard".  


I didn't sleep well last night.  Kept thinking I was having contractions- which I might have been- hard to tell.  Nothing that gets things really going though ya know?  And then I was thinking about the girl's brother.  We aren't close friends.  More like acquaintances but "friends" on Facebook.  You know how that goes.  He said this morning (via FB)  "I keep expecting to see her walk through the door...Last night I heard her laugh.  I think that's God's way of saying she's up here with me and she's ok."  Just kind of guts me.  


Another friend is mourning the death of her grandfather.  Another dealing with the anniversary of loss of a child. For some reason, in this month of celebration, there seems to be a lot of loss and mourning too.  Strange.  To everything there is a season, I suppose.  


So what am I going to do today- probably phase two of nesting. Thinking. And cleaning.  (And sneaking in some reading.) Yesterday was phase 1- cooking.  I'm over THAT one today.  Cooking requires A LOT of clean up and sadly by the end of the day my feet were so swollen and back so achy that I left it to my dear hubby and father in law (and others who helped too- THANKS).  Which of course means PBnJ from here on out probably.  


To those who are currently suffering loss and heartache: My heart goes out to you.  





3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mags. That's rough. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and I am thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I didn't realize how many things coincide, until you wrote them out like that. I still maintain that July is a good month, though, but let's remember those suffering losses at this time.

    ReplyDelete