Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wanna know how I did?

SO how did I do on my list from yesterday?...

  • Shower (at some point)---I did in fact shower- at which point the boys thought it would be a good idea to escape.  Luckily Aunt Nikki and Uncle Tyler caught them. THANKS GUYS! 
  • Clean Kitchen- we've all been so pooped at the end of the day...it needs some serious attention. -- I managed to get the dishes done and wipe the counters.  Took out a load of garbage that almost did me in at the end of the day. 
  • Read my Book: Currently Book 1 of Hunger Games.  (Note to self: need to get a library card ASAP)-- Seriously loving this book.  I just finished section one of book one so I'm not moving very quickly but I've been busy with other things. (See below)
  • Bagillion loads of laundry- why do they sneak up on me? (really I'll probably do one maybe 2) Only managed 2 loads (my guess was correct) but they are 99 percent put away- which doesn't usually happen. On load 1 for today after a night of "I wet my bed" again and again. Load two will be appearing shortly. 
  • Think about cleaning up my room. Thought about it. 
  • Get overwhelmed at the prospect. Got more than a little overwhelmed.  But now the piles of DIRTY clothes are gone just one load and that silly 1 percent to get taken care of (see I told you I've been too busy to read...)
  • Not bother. I didn't. 
  • Get a Soda. 12 pack of vanilla Coke this go around. Did you know that beer was originally packaged in 6 packs because that's all a woman was supposed to be able to carry...? According to a game we played the other night (not a drinking game- who do you think I am anyway?) it's true. I'm not known for my fact checking skills....
  • Play with the squidlets. We read lots and lots of books. 
  • Read Amelia Bedelia and explain that what she is doing is SILLY.  Ian doesn't get most of the jokes- except the potted plants.  He figured out that one on his own.  I think he's catching on.  I think I'll be Amelia Bedelia for Halloween.   Didn't actually read this one yesterday nor did squidlet numma 1 take a nap (which is when we usually read it).
  • Fight Heartburn and it's evil sidekick: TUMS. (I loathe Tums...) The power of Maifestation: Around lunch time I noted on Facebook that I was craving heartburn inducing Mexican food.  Not 20 minutes later my mother in law comes home for lunch and brought what? BURRITOS for lunch! Pretty good and definitely heartburn inducing.  There's still half of mine in the fridge because I couldn't get through it. It was awesome. 
  • Sneak bites of PB Treats.  Who me?
  • Pretend I don't know where they all went. I DID share.... 
  • Look at my toes and think "I really SHOULD repaint them- or at least take off the ancient chipping polish..."  Thought that as I typed it. 
  • Probably not bother with that either. Didn't bother- thought I did clip my cuticles which were out of control.  Step in the right direction though the purple chipping polish is still there in all its non-glory. 
  • Oh yeah and my first Appointment down here.  There's a new midwife in town that I get to go see.  I'm excited. Hope all goes well. Appointment went well.  I REALLY like this new midwife,  I feel comfortable with her and trust that she knows what she's doing.  We may even get to be her first birth down here.  (She's been in Alaska and Happy Valley previously).  She kind of reminds me of my grandma too (only perhaps less cranky). 
  • At some point there will be gnashing and wailing as it is time to get ready for bed.  To be honest I don't remember much about that time of night.  Sean was lovely and got the kids bathed and ready for bed and then spanked them all soundly and sent them to bed.  (Joking- he didn't spank) I was pretty tired by the time we called it a night.  

So there you have it folks.  I did most of what I said I would do.  (And not much more).  I'd say that makes my list pretty realistic.  Look Elise- I totally got 2 blogs out of one list--sweet. Love a double whammy. 

Here's to today: Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done on your list! I say today we both make a goal to paint our toenails. Let's be real. I'm making this my only goal for today.

    And now I want a burrito, too. Maybe that will be my other goal today. I don't want to overwhelm myself, so I'll just have to see how I feel after the toenail painting.

    Here's to having another productive day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job :) I am excited to meet this midwife.... I hope she works out good for you and I hope you carry long enough that she can deliver! (what are her numbers on that?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know her numbers. I don't go by numbers- I go by gut feeling. That one says she's good- thus I trust her. Hasn't steered me wrong int the past.

    ReplyDelete