Friday, March 4, 2011

Take my own medicine?

Well Well Well.

I have been bugging others to blog so I must be willing to follow my own nagging right?

We had Book Club last night.
Oh man.
This group of women is stellar!
So different and yet we come together so well.  And have a good time doing it too.

A few things surprise me in relation to BC;
#1- A college town with a severe lack of places to go after 9 let alone 10 pm.  C'mon people! We're *NOT* holding BC in Walmart- but evidently the town seems to think that's all that is needed.
#2- A bad IHOP. Really? Breakfast foods too difficult? Customer service.... what's that?
#3- I think it's fair to say that we should be assertive next time we go somewhere to INSIST on a fun waiter/waitress.  We tip well. Especially when we're all together.  Unless the service was crappy. I think most people would be happy to wait on our group at the end of a long shift.  Usually what happens is the other waiters/waitresses notice how much fun we're having and are kind of intrigued.  They'd get to know more if we were their table.. But alas. For some reason a group of 10 women frightens people and they stick us with the cranky servers.

After out disappointment with IHOP last night we headed out in search of dessert- because let's face it- we weren't done chatting. One place would have closed 15 minutes after we got there.  We had been to this establishment previously for a book club meeting and THOUGHT they stayed open until 10. Oops. No wonder we had a great waiter there.  He KNEW his time and effort would be well rewarded.  They were even kind enough to NOT come clean up our side of the restaurant and kick us out.  SO to Chili's it was. And oh so yummy.  I should learn to just go out for dessert more often.

This months book (my choice) is CHICKENS IN THE HEADLIGHTS by Matthew Buckley. Hi.lar.i.ous. I loved it. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks.  But don't take my word for it.... check it out at your local library.

Photo courtesy of this place.

7 comments:

  1. Sister. I can't believe you didn't even post about beautiful jewelry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO right- perhaps tomorrow will be a whole post solely dedicated to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medicine? This is more like a spoonful of sugar I'd say. So glad you have such a great group, but something must be done about the woeful dearth of meeting places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right? Crazy how this town shuts down...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore the reading rainbow reference! Haven't thought about that in a long long time. and amen to everything else in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading Rainbow! Man, that takes me back! And I need to get off of Washington County Library's poo poo list so that I can check out Chickens in the Headlights. Thanks for the book tip. I'm ALWAYS looking for something to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto, ditto, and ditto! :) I can't wait to read the book

    ReplyDelete