Tuesday, March 15, 2011

5 down

5 totally random facts (as found on THIS website):

  • The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
  • The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
  • The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo."
  • The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
  • The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

5 things I've learned since being married:

  • When going to sleep I lay on one side and then promptly switch to the other after about 10 minutes.  You can almost time it.  Weird.
  • Volcanoes are not just for science projects- they work for drains too.
  • Milk is consumed in mass quantities in our house. 
  • Road trips are necessary- they allow lots of talk time. 
  • Nothing like a good dance party with your very own dance partner in the living room or kitchen. 
5 random facts about me: 
  • 100 meter butterfly was my event in high school.  I took first place only once.  And nearly drown at my first meet. 
  • I get antsy about my hair.  It MUST be changed regularly- though when I do it on a whim- I usually regret it. 
  • I bite my nails. Still.
  • I learned to roller skate in our garage in Concord.  I didn't know how to stop so I'd slam the garage door or the dryer to stop myself.  
  • Hot Pink. And Yellow. They are marvelous colors. (I wear hot pink more than yellow but love yellow walls.)
5 random facts about Sean:
  • He's a role player.  Not the online kind- more like Dungeons and Dragons though he's never actually played D&D.  He even has a cloak. 
  • He loves to work with his hands. Tinkering, playing in the dirt, fixing stuff, making "batteries" out of cardboard boxes.
  • He ran Cross Country in high school... but did it for the road trips with girls more than a love of running or serious competition. 
  • He's fearless in the kitchen. (At least I think he is) He adds spices and stuff I've never heard of to dishes.  
  • He wants to turn Nena (our VW Jetta) into an EV (electric vehicle) someday.  He's got lots and lots of spreadsheets to prove he's done the research.  
5 things I love about Sean:
  • His creativity- it comes out in all sorts of ways.
  • He let me get a few more minutes of sleep this morning by playing trains with Lando.
  • He goes along with my crazy ideas like training for a 5k or Luau on Friday just because. 
  • When you watch a funny movie with Sean it doesn't matter if the movie is ACTUALLY funny--- if Sean's laughing--you will be too. 
  • and last but not least, I love that he comes and finds me as soon as he gets home to give me a kiss.  
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! To Eternity and Beyond! 

For fun check out my Mom's blog for a picture from our wedding day. 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Beautiful (not the capitalization makes it a title). Great post. Happy Anniversary! Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *note* (spelling error in previous comment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!! (And I totally do the same thing when going to sleep - I start facing Isaac and then switch. Huh.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you two!!

    And I totally did know the aglets thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a sweet post and I really enjoyed getting to know you and Sean better :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, lethologica is going to be just as hard to remember as the word I want. :)

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete