- The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
- The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran the Zoo."
- The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
- The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
5 things I've learned since being married:
- When going to sleep I lay on one side and then promptly switch to the other after about 10 minutes. You can almost time it. Weird.
- Volcanoes are not just for science projects- they work for drains too.
- Milk is consumed in mass quantities in our house.
- Road trips are necessary- they allow lots of talk time.
- Nothing like a good dance party with your very own dance partner in the living room or kitchen.
5 random facts about me:
- 100 meter butterfly was my event in high school. I took first place only once. And nearly drown at my first meet.
- I get antsy about my hair. It MUST be changed regularly- though when I do it on a whim- I usually regret it.
- I bite my nails. Still.
- I learned to roller skate in our garage in Concord. I didn't know how to stop so I'd slam the garage door or the dryer to stop myself.
- Hot Pink. And Yellow. They are marvelous colors. (I wear hot pink more than yellow but love yellow walls.)
5 random facts about Sean:
- He's a role player. Not the online kind- more like Dungeons and Dragons though he's never actually played D&D. He even has a cloak.
- He loves to work with his hands. Tinkering, playing in the dirt, fixing stuff, making "batteries" out of cardboard boxes.
- He ran Cross Country in high school... but did it for the road trips with girls more than a love of running or serious competition.
- He's fearless in the kitchen. (At least I think he is) He adds spices and stuff I've never heard of to dishes.
- He wants to turn Nena (our VW Jetta) into an EV (electric vehicle) someday. He's got lots and lots of spreadsheets to prove he's done the research.
5 things I love about Sean:
- His creativity- it comes out in all sorts of ways.
- He let me get a few more minutes of sleep this morning by playing trains with Lando.
- He goes along with my crazy ideas like training for a 5k or Luau on Friday just because.
- When you watch a funny movie with Sean it doesn't matter if the movie is ACTUALLY funny--- if Sean's laughing--you will be too.
- and last but not least, I love that he comes and finds me as soon as he gets home to give me a kiss.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! To Eternity and Beyond!
For fun check out my Mom's blog for a picture from our wedding day.