Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ever Wondered?

Today is a writer's block kind of day. So let's try a few lists to keep things interesting and see if maybe it'll get juices flowing for another post...



Haven't you ever wondered: "What does she keep in this thing?" You know what I'm talking about: the 50 lbs. purse.  There's no way all of that can possibly fit in there right?  Well let's take a look at my own purse and see what treasures we can find.


  • Green Wallet with the usual wallety things: cards- reciepts- and change.  Cash?  What's that? 
  • Used tissues- it's a Mom thing.  (I hope). (Into the trash they go finally.) Actually I think it was a dried wipee used for cleaning a Cheeto-faced-kid. 
  • Fresh bottle of Ibuprofen 200 mg- good for what ails ya. Mine is usually joint pain. Left Hip- thanks for asking. 
  • Travel sized Baby Magic with just a smidge of lotion left. Mmm- smells like babies. 
  • 2 packs of Bubble Yum Gum- 1 original flavor and 1 cotton candy.  Why does it have a punk duck on it?  Weird... (Totaling 4 pieces of gum. Was 5 but I split one with Ian just now). 
  • 1 Diaper and 2 sets of wipees- for the obvious. (Crossing my fingers that numero uno is potty trained soon).
  • 2 pads- for emergencies. 
  • Lipstick.
  • 3 Peanut Butter and Choco Chip granola bars.  Just in case I need it for myself or one of the kiddos that magically seem starving whenever we go anywhere.  
  • Earplugs (still in their packaging) for trying to sleep on road trips.  Never works. 
  • Broken mini candy cane from ward party a few weeks ago- also still in packaging. Could come in handy I guess if I run out of mint gum.
  • Mint Gum- Orbit- with 3 pieces left in the package.  
  • Fine point lime green Sharpie marker- taken from the 3 year old so he doesn't add "art" where it's not supposed to be.
  • Blue Pentel Marker taken from 19 month old so he doesn't color himself- as he is often wont to do. 
  • Utility Bill that will be paid by Thursday.
  • November Medicaid cards for the boys (THAT'S where they went! I've been looking for those!...yes I know where January's are...) 
  • More orbit gum- Cinnamon flavor this time. Only two pieces left in that one but at least I don't have to share with the 3 year old because he thinks it's spicy.  
  • 5 pens: 4 black 1 neon blue
  • Travel sized "Dark Kiss" body lotion from Bath and Body Works.  

How's that for ready for anything?  Oh did I mention I keep band-aids in my wallet?  Sean used to laugh at me for doing it---until he needed one. Other than those usual items I throw in my phone and keys when I'm headed out and usually a pair of gloves (if they're not already on my hands).  Now you know my deep dark secrets. 

What's the weirdest thing you've found in your purse/pockets?

5 comments:

  1. I took a look and the oddest thing that I have in my bag right now is a shoe.. and it's mine... and there really is only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One shoe? Wow- you may have just taken the cake- unless you recently broke a foot. I hope there's a mate for it somewhere.

    Update- 1 piece of cinnamon gum left- Landon found it and likes it. Maybe that's why my dad had black jack gum- nobody else liked it. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...nothing. I'm one of those crazed organized people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the other one is on my foot. Long story, I'll post about it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! Fun game! Hold on, I'll go get my purse.

    1. One of my husband's old Marine Corp dogtags, not on the chain. Why? I have NO idea.

    2. A crunched sacrament cup that I had to take away from my son on Sunday.

    I cleaned out my purse on Sunday morning, before that I could've added "ten thousand used baby wipes." Gross.

    ReplyDelete