Friday, October 1, 2010

UP and DOWN- UP and DOWN

Has anyone seen Pete's Dragon?  That's too bad- you won't get the post.  It's what's running through my mind right now (which is a bit odd since I haven't actually watched it in over a year).  There's a scene where Pete is helping paint the lighthouse and the grandpa guy, Lampie, played by none other than the Mickey Rooney (thanks imdb.com) comes over and reminds him to paint "UP and DOWN, UP and DOWN." Then they all break into song about it's a brazzle frazzle day...yadda yadda yadda.

My Grandpa's health has been UP and DOWN, UP and DOWN.  Right now we're on an upswing but I hope and pray it stays that way.  I'm having a hard time with the good news/bad news pattern we have going.  It's emotionally draining.  Just ask Sean- he has to deal with me.  So that's where things stand.  I keep feeling like it's been the longest week...and then I have to remind myself- the longest 5 days.

Love ya Grandpa. Love you Grandma. Hang in there.  Maybe we'll all break into song next.

No comments:

Post a Comment