Tuesday, September 28, 2010

To everything there is a season.

My heart is heavy today and I'm exhausted.

I may not blog (or I may spew forth blogs in an attempt at clearing my head).  My grandpa is in the hospital and is very sick.  This news came to me as our family was preparing for a funeral of another grandparent- Sean's step-grandma.  Emotions are fragile and I think I cried more than some at Grandma Pat's funeral.  She was such a spunky lady that it's kind of hard for me to think of her in past tense.  Especially because I know she lives on.  She is with her beloved and yet is separated from others she loves who care for her deeply, mainly I'm thinking of Devon- her husband and Sean's grandpa.  I haven't slept well since I got the news of my grandpa being sick and I don't know when restful sleep will come again.  I know trials are all a part of this mortal existence and I know that's exactly why we came here-to be tried and to grow.  But sometimes I think it sucks.  I am deeply grateful for family- those we are born into and those we adopt along the way.

I hope and pray that Grandpa will get well.  But I know it is all in the Lord's hands whatever happens.  My heart aches for my dear sweet grandma who is scared and stuck with the rest of us waiting and praying and hoping that she can keep her sweetheart with her a little longer.

So if there is blog silence you know why.

And if I write blogs that don't seem to make sense- you also know why.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Maggie. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry too. It's no fun, not any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry! I hope things get better!1 It's seems the older we get the harder life gets!

    Love,
    The Nielsons'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and thinking about you. My Grandpa died a couple of days before jacks was born, so I couldn't even go to the funeral.
    Hang in there darlin~!!

    ReplyDelete