Friday, September 17, 2010

OUCH!

Disclaimer: This is probably the worst picture of me on the blog.  I hope anyway. Otherwise there are worse ones....that need to be deleted.  
See my owie? (And my sad face?)

Nena bit me.  At least that's the explaination I'm giving.  Not sure why-PMS (Pretty Moody Syndrome)- Jealousy (the mustang is GONE Nena!) or maybe it was just the slight angle I was parked at.  
There I was minding my own business- doing a little thrift shopping (what can I say? I love a good hunt for a great bargain). I parked.  I opened the door and stepped out and 
WHAM! Nena hit me in the face with her door.
  I am grateful that 
A) it's not worse 
B) I didn't pass out 
C) that I was within blocks of my house so I could drive home 
D) that I did NOT chip a tooth and 
E) that we have super glue and prescription Ibuprofen. 
 Perhaps it was one of those count your blessings incidents.  

I do feel a bit self conscious about the whole thing (so why am I posting it online?? Sympathy people!). It hurts but is definitely healing already. Maybe I'll get a cool scar and a nickname like Viper- or something. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that Nena should have her tire kicked! The picture is doing it's job. You have my deepest sympathy. And I'm very impressed with your first aid skillz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally call you Viper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you don't need stitches?? It is good you have super glue, I keep mine in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth be told- no I'm not sure that I don't need stitches....but I think it'll be fine. Sean and I redid the glue yesterday and it looks MUCH better. The hospital uses super glue too- so I figured I'd save myself the bill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie I did not even notice today at church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kim :) This picture is with the glue on it and I was sans glue today at church :) yay. I was sure the kids in Primary would comment but that was just me being self conscious. The kids were far more interested in "that's my chair" and "why are the big kids in here".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nena is the Jetta right? Some friend she is!;)

    ReplyDelete