Monday, August 16, 2010

Meanwhile....

Warning: No pictures in this post--they will come later--as in when I get around to it.

So.

Have you missed me?

Yeah I know. I haven't blogged in weeks.

I'm probably at the bottom of your list of blog friends because I haven't updated in a while.  Ce la vie.

Well. I hadn't gone running since the last post (oy! July30th really?!) Today I thought I could use a little jog.  HA. To those of you who thought I couldn't run a mile and a half after a two week absence from the "sport" BOO YAH! I did it. No stopping. A slight pause here and there to fix my mp3 player--apparently when I switched files on it the cord got disconnected (by a certain almost 3 year old) and right in the middle of track 4 it switches to H.G. Welles Time Machine.  Great story.  Hard to run to though.  Hence the pausing to remedy the situation.

Going backwards now:  Last weeks highlights:
Friday: Birthday party for Ian at the park.  I may never host a party at my house again! It was SO nice to have breathing room and visiting space and RUNNING area for the kiddos (my two boys and their two cousins)- It's a good thing we live so close to the park because we had to keep running home to get stuff we forgot. (I *knew* I should have made a list before hand.)

Thursday: Timmay's Birthday.  Shout out to the old one. Went to Idaho to find my little (though taller) brother.  It was an adventure to be sure.  Matt gave us some cool loot and Christie and I got "hit on" by some college freshmen---he must not have seen my kids in the back seat and my Dad driving.... oh well.  I get Bonus points for still being a hottie.  Joking...kinda. PS- I say "hit on" because the poor kid had a weak attempt but he was feeling brave because he spoke up instead of his buddy.  "So, What're you ladies up to?" to which I coolly replied, "Um, sitting in the back of the truck," with a DUH look on my face.  Really.  That's all we were doing.  But we WERE near the boys' dorms so maybe it looked like we were trying to get noticed.  Either way I'm pretty sure he was a good 6-8 years younger than me.  Pretty hilarious.  We got a kick out of that one.

Wednesday: Take down camp.  Head home from camping up on Beaver Mountain with my Dad and the gang.  Phew.  I think I'm STILL worn out.

Tuesday: Head up the mountain for some family camping. Good times.  Great campfire.  Nice bathrooms.  Little sister slept in the back of the truck.  Dad thought we were redneck about sleeping in the truck.  Oh well.  It's fun.  It's who we are.  And my neck isn't red so I don't mind :)  We didn't sleep much due to Ian getting sad in the middle of the night.  So truck sleepover with Aunt Tristie was over.  Sleeping on the ground is much more enjoyable with a good air mattress.

Monday:  Is it bad I can't remember Monday?

Sunday: Dad and Sherry came to church with us (they managed 3 sacrament meetings that day-- oh man that's alotta church).  Hung out at the Hawkin's (Sherry's parents) that evening.  Much visiting and the boys had Grandpa wrapped around their little fingers from the second we stepped in the door.  Oh yeah! And this was the loverly day that the Jetta broke. :*(  Her door latch busted a spring.  So we ghetto tied the door shut and drove like that for 5 days until the new part got here on Friday.

Saturday the last: Pack up camp and head down the mountain.

Friday:  Ward Campout up at Beaver Mountain.  The clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you Alfalfa!"  Ok.  Not really.  But the clouds did open up on us.  We weren't sure if we wanted to stay but when the storm passed we decided to stick it out.  Glad we did. Wish more people hadn't been scared off by the weather.

I don't really remember much before that so you'll just have to fill in the missing time with your own version of our Grand Adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I have missed you. Happy Birthday to the little man! I can't wait to see some pictures from all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would resurface when things calmed a bit, but I missed your blog posts, too. Excellent recap. Loved the Little Rascals reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Ian!!
    Lots of people ran away from our ward camp-out, too. Of course, they didn't have the mud trouble getting out that we had the next morning.

    ReplyDelete