Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I love the smell of Shoe Stores....

(they remind me of back to school)


Currently:
-Missing the "back to school magic"- I miss school.  I miss a good excuse for new pens and a cute shirt.
-Charmed by the little giggle monster in the high chair.  He's laughing for some unknown reason and I love it. I also love that he has random little snaggle teeth and that he wrinkles his eyes like Daddy when he smiles.
-Thinking about baby #3- no I'm not pregnant-this is not an announcement- just thinking.  I just am feeling like maybe there is one more for our family but am scared about the timing of it all (as in will I ever be "ready" for #3? I don't want to stretch myself too thin and as it is I feel overwhelmed and would like to enjoy the kiddos I have while they're still kiddos.  Ya know?)
-Excited about new jammies for the boys.  They needed them.
-Can't believe numero Uno is 3 already.
-Looking forward to fall.  Strange since "summer" in Logan is mild- but I'm looking forward to a change in seasons and change in my wardrobe.  Not looking forward to winter.
-A little homesick for Cedar City. With my baby sister starting college I think about when I started college and aside from feeling old because not everybody had cell phones and laptops (we had calling cards and mosterously huge computers) and we actually had to turn in our electronic copy on FLOPPY disc and the dorms I lived in have now been demolished and replaced by fancy new ones... Aside from that I miss the fond memories I have of Cedar City.  Perhaps they are rose colored memories but I will always hold a special place in my heart for SUU and Cedar City.
-Looking ahead to the future and wondering what it will hold.  Sean graduates soon and then it's off to "real life" DunDunDUN!  Scary and thrilling at the same time.  Like psyching yourself out for a good rollercoaster ride.
-Glad I had a good day with boychild the first- fitting since it IS his birthday.
-Grateful I have milk in the fridge.  I love milk.  Mmm Cold Creamy Goodness.
-Done with this blog for today.  Wish I had more wisdom and witty anecdotes to share. But I don't.  I'll quit while I'm ahead.

<3 Mags

4 comments:

  1. Please please please can the Hursts "real life after sean graduates" be here, near me, where my selfishness can randomly suck off your amazingness!!
    Love you to bits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about missing the back to school magic, I miss it too. There's something about the start of a new year and new schedule and some new shoes! :) You know, since you are homesick for Cedar you could always move here when Sean's done with school...hint, hint. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking about you and missing you today.
    I think I will call you this week!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete