Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm Old.

Well I thought that when I turned 25 I would feel old.  I was wrong.  It was when I offered to have my baby sister live with us.  She's just starting college.  I graduated from college 4 years ago.  Which means I started 8 years ago... Oh my.  It feels like just yesterday (Isn't that what old people say?) I have two kids.  She has a goldfish.  I spend my days worrying about pukey babies and if I the other moms in playgroup will talk to me.  She spends her days worrying about papers and cute boys.  (I worry about cute boys too but mine are a good 20 years younger than the boys she worries about...) I told her the other day that she makes me feel old.  Her response, "Well, you kinda are."  Thanks.

This moldy oldie and that spring chicken do have a few things in common though.  We both LOVE chocolate, painting our toes, playing dress up, watching LOST on Hulu.com, taking pictures (though probably not as much as mom likes too).  It's been fun having her around and I am certainly grateful for the little/big things; like being home while the boys nap so I can run a quick errand (like the wipee run I had to make today) Thanks little sister for your help....and for reminding me that age will always ride shotgun before beauty.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs. I am starting to feel old to but its more when I think I have been married 4 1/2 years and when Ronnie gets home it will be almost 6. High school seemed so long but now I have been married a year longer than I was in it... excited to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can stand by me, it will make you feel better, and much much younger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not old until 35. Ground your sister for unkind comments. And mark your calendar for 8 years from today to remind her that she once thought 25 was old.

    ReplyDelete