Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The "block"

I don't know who is crazier: Me who came up with the idea to go running at 5:30 in the AM or my husband who said he'd go with me.  OY! That is early.  I'm not a huge morning person, except on Saturdays (probably garage sale training) but man this morning was a kicker.  We did our little jaunt around the "block" this morning which is about a mile.  Our block is cut off by the river so it's more like a buncha blocks. I think I could have gone longer but I was done mentally.  Stopped in front of the ginormus rooster house (huge rooster, not huge house) to stretch.  I often forget how much stretching helps.  The plan is this: Every week we add another block to the routine which should add about a quarter of a mile.  We'll be up to the 3+ miles at the end of 9 weeks (which is about how much time we have before the 5k). Just in case you're wondering what's up with all the boring blogs about running?  I figure that I need to write it down and tell someone and this counts as both. Even if no one reads it.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I am reading it :) good luck with the training! streching really does help. lots of water helps too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading too!
    You are amazing and I wish we lived closer so I could 5k with you!!!
    Good luck.
    The block idea sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete