Saturday, April 24, 2010

Buongiorno Principessa!

The title has no witty reference other than it's what is on my mind right now.  It's a quote from the Italian movie Life is Beautiful.  Great movie.  You NEED to see it.  In the original Italian with English subtitles.  A truly wonderful story of the optimism and wonder of children in what would otherwise be terrible situations.  When life gives you lemons- make lemonade.  Or when life stings you in the leg- suck out the poison.  Or when you're stuck in a concentration camp- win a tank. Watch the movie.  Trust me.  If you've seen it, you can testify to its splendor.  

My little brother used to say Buongiorno Principessa! to my mom all the time.  It was pretty darn cute.  (Yes Matt- it was cute- still is- don't argue.)  I've been thinking a lot about my mom lately because I was reminded recently that Mother's Day is coming up... and no I didn't forget-- I didn't have any idea when it was.   (Sorry Mom- hopefully I'll remember May 9th) Anyhoo- back to what I was saying.  My mom is pretty cool.  You should check out her blog.  I have all these crafty inspired projects I want to make for her because she inspires that kind of crafty creativity in me. I find that I am becoming more and more like her everyday and that makes me smile.  Thanks Mom.  I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. So many reasons we are friends! Totally one of my favorite all time movies! and on a side note I think we should get together for games again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the little card Matthew made for me for Mother's Day all those years ago, with Buongiorno Principessa misspelled...awww...I love you, too, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete