Monday, February 1, 2010

Punxsutawney!

Passamaquaddy! Quadamapassy! Passamapoddy!

(Ian is supposed to be napping so I had better type quickly- before he gets the door open.)

What is all the gibberish about?  Well- tomorrow is Groundhog's day.  I remember it most years (which is weird because it's not even a real holiday).  Why do we celebrate a groundhog that "forecasts" the weather based on if he's scared of his shadow or not?  Eh. Who cares?  I say bring on the sun, the warmth, the flowers, the walks to the park.  I'm done with winter.  Being a California girl at heart (always and forever) I have a rough time with the white stuff we call snow.  I never dreamed of a white Christmas.  I didn't care.  If we wanted to play in the snow we WENT TO THE SNOW.  Which Sean finds hilarious that we would "go to the snow".  It is beautiful for about an hour.  Then the snow plows come through and coat the roads in dirt and make it a muddy mess.  If, when it snowed, we could all call it a snow day and stay inside and snuggle and drink hot cocoa I'd be just fine with that.  But when I have to go to the grocery store and deal with it all just to get some milk- that's where I call it quits.  Or when the snow is still there after WEEKS... *sigh*

Today is beautiful and sunny.  I may even take the boys for a walk after Ian's "nap" (which isn't happening thus far).  We'll bundle up because it is still frigid outside but at least the sun is shining and the sky isn't crusted over with the "inversion". 

Bring on February! I'm excited for my brother to get home this month.  Crazy to think he hasn't even met Landon and last saw Ian when he was just a wee babe.  Now that the post is random enough I'll go find some pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment