Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wedding Bells Ring: Part 3- Dancing

Let's start with one of my favorite parts of My Best Friend's Wedding.  If you haven't seen it;  I'm sorry.  It's one of my all time favorites. 

Julianne Potter(Played by Julia Roberts)
: George, I didn't tell you my dress was lavender.
George Downes(Played by Rupert Everett)--you have to hear it in a Gay British Male Accent
: Suddenly, a familiar song. And, you're off your chair in one, exquisite movement... wondering, searching, sniffing the wind like a dapple deer. Has God heard your little prayer? Will Cinderella dance again? And then, suddenly, the crowds part and there he is: sleek, stylish... radiant with charisma. Bizarrely, he's on the telephone. But then, so are you. And then he comes towards you... the moves of a jungle cat. Although you quite correctly sense that he is... gay... like most devastatingly handsome single men of his age are, you think... what the heck. Life goes on. Maybe there won't be marriage... maybe there won't be sex... but, by Gosh,  
there will be dancing.

We begin with the traditional Father/Daughter dance.  This dance always gets to me because I never got to do that one with my dad.  Our wedding was crazy and hectic and we didn't have a reception with dancing.  (Dad- someday we'll get one in.) Enjoy Richard here with his beautiful baby girl.


Then there was the First Dance as Husband and Wife.  Tyler and Nikki started it and then we all joined in.

Nikki and Tyler.

Sean and I.

Landon got in on the fun courtesy of Aunt Dani.

Ian bustin' a move with Grandma.
(I like the footwear--he must be Arleen's grandson.)


Ian wasn't actually dancing here.  He was having Daddy spin/fly him.  No action shot sorry.

Sweet Lexi dancing with Uncle Sean. Xavier is quite a dancer too and used to be the first to cut the rug but this year he said he doesn't dance.  Too bad.


And here we have the traditional Mother/Daughter dance.  Of course when it comes to this duo there is no such thing as "traditional". We love Tiff and Lexi.


Finally we have the parents of the bride.  I love this picture. Married 30+ years and still in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment