Thursday, October 29, 2009

Maggie's Five

Five things I am grateful for today.

1--I am grateful that I was able to hold Ian right after he was born.  The nurse put him on my chest and I got to hold him and love him.  Now that he's 2 he doesn't let me hold him and love him so much any more but I am grateful for the moments we do get. I am especially grateful for that first moment.
2--I am grateful that Landon wants me to hold him now.  I didn't get to hold him until the day after he was born and that was hard.  I only got to touch his little arm before they flew him off to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction.  I tried to sleep that night he was gone but it was so hard.  I must have woken up a thousand times and felt the awkward silence.  Luckily I was tired enough to get some sleep.  Yesterday I felt really frustrated that he wouldn't let me put him down even to go to the bathroom without crying.  I'm glad today I can be grateful.
3--I am grateful for a loving extended family.  Everyone seems genuinely concerned for our little family and I am grateful.  Not everyone has such support.
4--I am grateful that I married Sean.  And chose to be sealed forever.  I have never regretted that decision. Not once.
5--I am grateful that I get to see the imagination and wonder of these boys everyday.  (I have to remind myself that I'm grateful for that sometimes) Ian is in a stage right now where he pretends.  This morning he was a helicopter flying around the room.  After that he was taking his pet aligator, Bridget, for a walk. 

Gratitude is a beautiful thing.  I don't remember it as often as I should.

I was inspired to gratitude while blog-hopping and reading about infertility and sterility.  What a blessing these two miracle boys are in my life.  

"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"  ~Henry Ward Beecher

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Remember the first ten or twelve hours of your life when we snuggled without anyone else around? That's the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete