Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Has it really been 4 months?!

I can hardly believe Landon is 4 months old today! Where did the time go?  He had to get shots at the Doctor's office this morning, bummer.  He's not such a happy camper but a little snuggle with mom, some tylenol and a nap is helping (I hope).  Big brother was concerned about Landon getting shots today and I tried to explain to him that it will hurt right now but it will help him be healthy.  Ian is very into being healthy since he gets Flinstone Vitamins now--I think he kind of got it.  Landon was crying before they gave him the shots so it wasn't as traumatizing for Ian as it could have been.
Lando giving mom "The Look":

Ian is starting to say two words linked together.  I think he realises that he can communicate more clearly what he's trying to say if he does.  "Big Truck" is his favorite.  Though he's into planes right now and everything flies, even Nena (our Jetta).  "Plane fly"  "Ne-ne fly" "Chub-Chub Time" (which of course means Chubby is in Time out) It's pretty darn cute.

We got the movie "CinderElmo" from the library the other day.  It's surprisingly good.  Ian loves to pretend he is Elmo dacing with the "pri-pri" (princess).
Ian's Self-Portrait:

I'm almost all better from my lovely week of pink eye.  Though I have decided it might be a good excuse to dress like Audrey Hepburn, hat, glasses and all and get away with it.

The glasses were to "hide" the pink eye a bit in public :) And yes I know the glasses are crooked--that comes courtesy of #1--he was a little too quiet one day and I found him bending my glasses all out of shape.



Speaking of dressing up: Halloween is right around the corner.  I must say this is one of my all time favorite holidays.  Now I have kids-it's even better.  I love costumes and playing dress up.  Plus what other time of year are you going to see a princess, Godzilla, and a clown at the grocery store? At the same time?? I love it.  Ian wants to be a kitty.  "Black." "White." he informs me.  I think he misses grandma and grandpa's kitty Gottee.  So we have his costume down, I just have to make it.  But what about the rest of us?? I can't decide what I want to be- I need ideas, inspiration, the perfect costume.  I don't know what Sean wants to be (I don't think he's thought about it yet--kind of busy with important-ish stuff).  He'd be satisfied if I just let him wear his cloak all day (or make him a cooler one).  Lando will be too big for the monkey suit Ian wore his first year.  He barely squeezes into it now.   (Did I mention he now weighs 14 lbs. 3 oz.?)
Chunky Monkey:



So many choices... I need to narrow it down.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable kid! I especially love that second picture.

    My, how time flies.

    ReplyDelete