Thursday, April 9, 2009

Done with the guard . . . hopefully

So, last weekend I had my last National Guard Drill. I turned in my field gear, got my final NCO evaluation and said goodbye to everybody. May 15 is my final official day. So, banning anything happening in the next month, which causes me to get activated before then (like the government intercepting this blog and using it to pick me next), I'm done.

It's interesting, because I have been in the National Guard my whole "adult" life. Sure, I had a two year break while on my mission, but the unknown still lingered over me at times. For the last 8 years, there has always been that chance that something just might happen and I could get told I was headed somewhere.

As of mid-May, I will no longer have to worry about that (unless the draft is reinstated). It will be different. That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I can only imagine how happy Maggie will be come June 1st. When do you guys move? If we can help, let us know. We recently moved and if you don't have our new number or address, just send Trent or I an email...or respond to this and we'll get it to you.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete