Monday, November 17, 2008

'Nog

There are two types of people in this world: those who like eggnog and those who don't. Maggie does not care for eggnog (one sip is enough for the whole year). I am a fan of the creamy treat. So, what happens when the two create a little boy. Will the boy like eggnog, will he hate it, or will it be an unholy combination of the two extremes. How terrible would the latter be.

There are distinct advantages to either side. If Ian were to hate the "vile" stuff, I would have it all to myself. I would not be required to share the holy nectar, except for the very small wife tax at the beginning of the Holiday season. I could be completely selfish and not feel bad about it, because neither of them care.

On the other hand, if that happened over and over (sounds like we are planning on having twenty kids), I would feel increasingly guilty buying it. Could I really feel good about buying something that is solely for my addiction and is beneficial to nobody else. Would I? Probably, but that's beside the point.

Well, on Saturday we bought our first quart of 'nog. As daddy was drinking it, Ian looking up with eyes of longing. Who can say no? Leaning down I tipped the glass to his lips. He wouldn't stop. In all he probably drank a third of my glass (which was rather small). My solitary claim to the eggnog was over. For better or for worse, he loves the stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Well now you just have more of an excuse to buy the stuff. And i always leave comments.:) oh and ians shirt is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Cat. It amazes me, that still nobody left a comment, even after I chewed them out. Oh well. Thanks, we do like his shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer for you Sean. But the guilt probably won't come on later because it won't just be for you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just so cute. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Have fun playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Ian, Go Ian! Sorry we missed you guys at Thanksgiving time. I felt like we ran around like crazy the whole time. Eric could probably testify to that.. Anyway, we do miss you.. And the little Eggnog addict! I don't know if we ever gave you our blog addy. If not, it's www.thenielsonfamily2007.blogspot.com

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, that's awesome! cute pics! Eggnog is good...especially the cinnimon pumpkin kind!...Anywho, Keep smiling! Life's Gr8!!

    ReplyDelete