Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween

I know it's a little late to be posting Halloween stuff, but I guess I'm just a little slow. I made some posts before the big event, but none since. Here goes.

We had a good Halloween. We dressed in a common theme (picture to follow). Maggie was a beautiful princess. Her costume came from a dress we got two years ago when we dressed as Napolean Dynamite and Deb. She modified it (getting rid of the big sleeves), as well as making a slip to make the skirt poof. As a finishing touch, she borrowed a tiara from my sister Dani.

Ian was a dragon (not a dinosaur). Maggie made the costume herself, using a pattern and fleece for the material. When she made it, we figured it would be a cold night, but when Halloween rolled around, it was not. As a result, I think Ian was a little warm, but he survived. He makes a cute dragon.

I, Sean, was a knight. Maggie made me a hauberk from some silver netting she got for cheap at WalMart, which worked great. I also made use of my black cloak. The day before, I made a kite shield, which I covered in aluminum foil, as well as a breastplate (also covered in foil). I really wanted have a good crest, but am not much of an artist, so I used my resources: google. All the dragon crests were very complicated, except one picture of a dragon I found. It was Trogdor. I borrowed the image, printed it and colored. Ta da, the perfect crest.
Earlier in the day, for lunch, Maggie made a great meal. I don't know what she did with his body, but she borrowed Frankensteins brains. I was a little queasy of the idea at first, but they turned out really well. With a little pepper, I couldn't complain. She is a great cook, even when using questionable ingredients.

Halloween was great, although the drive to Camp Williams at 3am the next day was the longest I have yet to make.

6 comments:

  1. you all look so cute!! cant wait to see you. when you coming?
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be out the Wednesday of. I work Tuesday night, so we don't want to head out then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A knight, a maiden and a dragon... so fitting.

    You guys look great! It sounds like you had fun. Keep it up! Wish we were there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS
    Where was your profile picture taken?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture was taken at Zion's National Park. It was at Emerald Pools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome costumes!! so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete