Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our weekend

We haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I promise. Last weekend we went up to Salt Lake to attend Governor's Day at the U. Evidently this year was a big deal-but they didn't tell us why. All the National Guard Units (well all except the deployed ones and Blanding) march in formation in front of the Gov. and salute him and he salutes back. Old tradition. It was kind of cool to watch for a while. Ian didn't think so though. He wasn't feeling well and woke up way early to get there so he was a bit grumpy. I don't blame him. He fell asleep at the very end. Just in time to wake up and get back on Trax. We stayed with Tiff and Tim (Sean's sister and her boyfriend) though we couldn't visit much I'm glad we got to see them. Then After the gov. thing we went to Provo and caught up with Sean's mission buddy Michael. We went bowling at the Wilkinsen Center at BYUHeidi and Lily met us there. We had a blast though I ended up big winner with a whole 72 points. Lame. At least I broke 70 :) We stayed that night with Trent and Heidi. It was so good to see them again. They're up there because Trent is going to Law School. Now we're home and I'm working on Ian's Halloween costume- a DRAGON! I got all of the pieces cut out tonight which was a huge task. But it's done and now I get to do the fun stuff. I'll post pictures of it when it's done. Oh and I went to the garden today and we got 25 tomatoes and a bajillion little tomatoes--mmmmm YUMMY! Too bad I forgot to grab bacon for BLTs. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment